Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Memebox OMG Box Unboxing and Review + Coupon

Hey all!

Today I'd like to share Memebox Special #16 OMG Box - this is one of the Memeboxes I was most excited about, and it did not disappoint.  The OMG theme was supposed to bring us weird and wacky products, which are my weakness.  I just adore trying products in new formats or new ingredients, and whatnot, so this box was perfect for me.

This is the full box, chock full of fun things:
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review

The first item in the box is the Hope Girl Night Diva Gloss in Pink Drop:

Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Hope Girl Night Diva Gloss Pink Drop
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Hope Girl Night Diva Gloss Pink Drop Swatch

Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Hope Girl Night Diva Gloss Pink Drop Light Mirror

This is full sized and retails for $22 according to Memebox.  I have to say, this was the least exciting thing in the box, particularly since I'm not really a lip gloss person.  What's "different" about this gloss is that it has two colors in the tube (a pink color and a coral color) and the cap lights up so that you can apply it anywhere (even in the dark) using the mirror on the side of the tube.   I wouldn't say this is anything that would make me look twice at a lip gloss, but I do have to say it's practical, especially since the light is conveniently placed in the cap so that it shines directly on your lips as you apply the gloss.  (Also, I once received a Modelco lip gloss that had a mirror, but the mirror was placed on the applicator itself, so you could only use it after you applied and not during, which was less helpful).

Memebox says this gloss is non-sticky, moist and spreads easily.  I do think it's somewhat less sticky than other lip glosses I've tried, which I appreciated, but it's still no tinted lip balm, which I live by.  As for the color, it's a bit sheer, but it's a nice shade if you're not looking for much payoff.

The second product is super cute, and it's the SKINAZ Premium Vitatablet (full size, $46 according to Memebox).  These little tablets contain vitamin C and "aroma oil" (supposedly 300g of vitamin C, but since the size of the product is only 39g, I'm a bit confused as to how that can be...).  There are two ways to use these: either by dropping a tablet into water and rinsing your face with it, or using the vitamin water as a facial mist or for your hair, bath or babies (the baby use is also not really spelled out...).  I was a bit sad to see the jar is somewhat empty once you take out the two packets placed inside to keep moisture out, so there are a lot fewer tablets than I expected.  That being the case, I will probably try these out once or twice to rinse my face, but I'm more likely to use this as a facial mist in order to make the most out of them.  I haven't used them yet, since I have multiple facial mists to get through, but will report back on anything noteworthy, though the skeptic in me doesn't expect a whole lot of noticeable difference from vitamin C-infused water, in whatever shape or form.  I still think the tablets are adorable though...
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review SKINAZ Premium Vitatablet Vitamin Tablet


Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review SKINAZ Kissable 24h hour Lip Tattoo Sweet Wine
The third product is one that was revealed in spoilers, and it's the SKINAZ Kissable 24H Lip Tattoo in what I think is Sweet Wine (full size, retails for $18).  This is a very unique lip stain, in that when you apply it to your lips it looks at first like a very pigmented, shiny lip gloss, but after 10-15 minutes, it's completely dried, and you peel it off to leave a stain on your lips that is supposed to last 24 hours.  The color looks pretty intense when applied (see picture below), but once it's peeled off, it's a nice color that is strong enough to be noticeable but not so bold for someone who prefers lip tints over lipstick.  The only thing I don't like about this is that the application is not the easiest in the world.  It's very sticky and a little thick, which makes it hard to apply it as precisely as you would other lip products, but thankfully this hasn't caused any real problems, in large part (I believe) because the color is more sheer so you don't get such sharp lines where the product ends.  The other difficulty is in waiting the 15 minutes.  It doesn't seem to dry very well when there is moisture on your lip or where your lips are touching, so unless you only apply it to where your lips don't touch, it seems best to not close your mouth while it's drying, otherwise your lips will stick together, which is kind of annoying.
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review SKINAZ Kissable 24h hour Lip Tattoo Sweet Wine Swatch


The next thing in my box is certainly interesting... it's the Pure Smile 3-Step Oh! My Busty!? Bust Pack ($6).  In short, this is a mask set for "taking care of your bust" and keeping it soft and moisturized.  The first step involves massaging a gommage onto your chest to exfoliate.  The second step is a hydro-gel pack (and have no fear, it can be worn under a shirt!  Just in case you want to be able to go out in public while you take care of your dry boobs) which is worn for 10-15 minutes.  The final step is a cream. Honestly, this seems a little pointless to me.  Though there may be plenty of things I'd like to address in my cleavage (or lack thereof) area, dryness is not one of them, so I don't really need a 3-step system to keep it moisturized.  More importantly, even if it were to get dry, I'm not sure why any of this is particular to your chest.  It seems as arbitrary as needing a 3-step system to keep your forearm moisturized, since I'm guessing the same things would apply all over your body.  But I suppose I'll try it, strange as it may seem (particularly since they took the time to provide this wonderfully helpful guide on the back).  Also, what does "Oh! My Busty!?" mean??
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Pure Smile Oh My Busty 3 Step Bust PackMemebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Pure Smile Oh My Busty 3 Step Bust Pack
The second to last product is this cutely packaged Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask (full size, $18 + shipping on Amazon).  This is a carbonated mask that contains green tea extracts, pomegranate extract and charcoal extract as well as carbonated water, which is supposed to penetrate deep into your pores to clean them out.  I'm not really sure where the clay comes in, and I get the feeling it's only called a clay mask because it starts off dark gray.  It also functions as a cleanser, because you're supposed to use it on a dry, uncleansed face.

Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask

The consistency of this mask is pretty thick (though less thick than many clay masks), but as soon as you put it on your skin, it starts bubbling and foaming up.  It's pretty odd, and it immediately becomes a light gray color as it turns into a sort of foam.  During the five minutes you're supposed to leave it on, you can definitely feel the bubbles forming, and it almost tickles a little bit.  It's not an unpleasant feeling, but it's definitely different.  After 5 minutes, it becomes completely foamy, which kind of makes you look like you have a face covered in shaving cream.  When washing it off, I noticed that there may be some spots that don't just rinse off and leave a slight residue, so it would be helpful to use a soft washcloth or Konjac sponge or something to make sure you get it all off, though I'm able too with enough effort.  I was a bit skeptical of how well this would clean my skin, but it seems to leave my face pretty clean afterwards, and I haven't felt the need to use another cleanser after it.  I haven't seen any noticeable improvements in my skin, but it hasn't had any negative effects either.  I'll keep using it to see how it performs more long term, but for now, it seems like a decent and fun (albeit it slightly more time consuming) cleanser/face mask.

Before and after 5 minutes:
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Elizavecca Milky Piggy Carbonated Bubble Clay Mask

The final product in the OMG Box is the Ladykin Aqua Exfoliator for Body (full size, $14).  This is supposed to give you a "quick glimpse" of the word of Korean public baths and scrubs, as a gentle exfoliator containing "cellulose components" of papaya and pineapple extracts.  You just spray it over your body after showering, and then you're supposed to gently massage away any dead skin cells.  I'm always wary of these "exfoliators" that instantly ball up on your skin, and this is no different.  Usually, however, they are a gel consistency, while this is more of a liquid spray, so at least that's slightly different.  After trying this on my legs, I do think this does exfoliate somewhat - my legs did feel slightly smoother afterwards, but I still prefer more intense scrubs for my body as my skin is not particularly sensitive, and the payoff here seems too minimal for me to use it all the time.  Oh well.
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Ladykin Aqua Exfoliator for Body
Memebox Special #16 OMG Box Unboxing Review Ladykin Aqua Exfoliator for Body
Anyway, there's the OMG box for you.  I thought this was a really fun box.  I know some people were disappointed by the lack of an OMG-factor in that none of the products were really shocking, but I still thought the products were fun and different, and they are all things I've enjoyed trying.  For me, that makes it totally worth it, and I can't wait to get OMG 2 and 3!  Did anyone else get this box?  What did you think?

If you're interested in trying out Memebox, you can use the code O4UP for $5 off your purchase.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...