Sunday, September 14, 2014

Memebox Scentbox #4: Floral Unboxing and Review + Coupon

As you may know, Memebox (the Korean skincare/beauty product curated box service) has launched a series of Scentboxes, or small boxes ($15 each, with at least 3 full sized products, so far they have always included more, though not all full sized) that revolve around a particular scent as its theme (check out my review of the Grapefruit scentbox here).  I most recently bought a bundle pack of their three latest scentboxes: Floral, Tropical Fruits and Sweet Shop, which was $30 total, or buy 2 get 1 free.  I wasn't really interested in the Floral, but since I liked the sound of the other two, I figured it couldn't hurt to get the bundle and get that one free.  On that note, today I'm reviewing the Floral box:

Memebox Scentbox #4 Floral Unboxing Review

The first thing in this box is Sally's Box Friendly Cherry Blossom Hand Mask ($2).  This is a glove-shaped hand mask that has cherry blossom extracts and shea butter, which is supposed to intensely hydrate and nourish dry, rough hands.  I look forward to using this when my hands get dry, though I probably won't need it for a while.

Memebox Scentbox #4 Floral Unboxing Review Sally's Box Friendly Cherry Blossom Hand Mask


Memebox Scentbox #4 Floral Unboxing Review ESTHE Shower Cologne Body Perfume Spray Floral DreamThe second product is the ESTHE Shower Cologne (full size, $26?) in Floral Dream, which is a "refreshingly fruity and citrus floral scent".  The other possibilities were Rosy Glow (a soft, lovely rose bouquet scent) and White Musk (a delicately sensual white musk scent).  Name aside, this is essentially a body spray.  It smells fine, though nothing I would go out and repurchase again. I don't know a lot about perfume, but this smells like the kind of body spray you would get from Bath and Body Works - kind of sweet and pleasant, but not sophisticated (not that I'm complaining).  Not overly floral either.  The scent doesn't seem to last very long though.  In any event, I'm kind of meh about this.












Memebox Scentbox #4 Floral Unboxing Review L'OCEAN Feromonika Perfume Spray Ios FreshConsidering floral scents are my least favorite of the three, I'm slightly disappointed that half of this box is straight up perfume, rather than floral scented beauty/skin products that I would otherwise use.  But I guess that's not exactly unexpected for a box dedicated to a particular scent.  In any case, the third product is L'OCEAN Feromonika Perfume in 05 Ios Fresh (10ml, $12).  The description of this is a bit odd.  First, it says the Feromonika Perfume series is known as "pocket perfume" due to its small, easy to carry packaging, but I'm not sure how this is any different from, well, every other travel sized perfume spray or rollerball.  Second, it says L'OCEAN infused internationally popular high-end fragrances and infused them into this series.  In other words, this is a knock off perfume?  Kind of an odd thing to put in a curated box...Lastly, the name suggests some connection to pheromones but nothing is mentioned in the description.  The box, however, states that it contains l-muscone, which is the synthetic replica of the primary component of musky scents, and is supposed to make this scent "elegant yet seductive".  While I'm not typically a brand name snob, it seems a little odd to include a product that is so clearly meant to be a cheap, knock off version of something else.  I feel like that would be like Birchbox going to CVS and picking up those "If you liked Dior J'adore, you'll love this!" perfumes.  In any case, this also smells fine but not mindblowingly amazing.  It does smell fresh, so I guess that's good?

Memebox Scentbox #4 Floral Unboxing Review Secret Key Perfume Hand Cream Petit No. 2 Orange Basil JasmineAnyway, the fourth and final product in this box is the Secret Key Perfume Hand Cream (30g, listed as $10, but Memebox itself sells it for $5).  This hand cream comes in 6 different fragrances, which are supposed to last on your hands while the cream itself keeps them moisturized. The fragrances aren't listed (only numbers 1-6, or technically "petit no. 1-6").  I got number 2, which, according to a list I found online, is Orange Basil Jasmine.  I don't really pick up any orange or basil, unfortunately, and it smells mostly powdery.  I would have preferred most of the other scents, but oh well.  It works decently well as a lotion, but again, nothing special.

No. 1 is Jasmine Orange Peach
No. 2 is Orange Basil Jasmine
No. 3 is Orange Citrus Rose
No. 4 is Bergamot Peach Rose
No.5 is Bergamot Lily Musk
No. 6 is Lemon Orange Apple




In short, I didn't love this box (but wasn't expecting to, as someone who doesn't love floral scents) so I'm glad I didn't buy it separately.  I do wish it hadn't been 50% perfume though, because if you don't like the scent of the perfume, there's nothing else you can do with it, whereas I'm totally willing to use other products that incidentally have a floral scent.  But what can I do.  Thankfully I enjoyed the other two scentboxes more, and will post those shortly!

If you're interested in trying out Memebox, you can use the code O4UP for $5 off your purchase.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...