Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Memebox Scentbox #6: Sweet Shop + Coupon

Sweet Shop is the final scent theme in the latest series of Scentboxes from Memebox (check out my reviews of the Floral box and the Tropical Fruits box!) and it was also the one I was looking forward to the most, as I suffer from a serious sweet tooth.  That being said, it did not really turn out as I expected.  Maybe it's because I have a sweet tooth for baked goods and also love baking, but when I hear "sweet shop" I think of a bakery, so I was expecting something more along the lines of chocolate and cupcakes, particularly since the box was described as leaving you smelling "like yummy sugar crystals and sprinkles" - classic baking decorations!  Instead, the box seemed more directed at sweet things in general, including fruity scents that made up 50% of the box.  Given that I already had a separate tropical fruits box, I wish they had had more different scents in this box, but oh well.

Anyway, this is box in full:

Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review

The first product is the Pure Smile Jewelry Scrub Glitter Sugar Scrub in Amethyst (full size, $8).  I'm honestly not sure why this was included in the box, except for the fact that it smells vaguely sweet?  But even then I can barely smell anything.
Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review Pure Smile Jewelry Scrub Glitter Sugar Amethyst

Also, there is this exceedingly helpful diagram on the back (sorry about the poor quality - I decided to take a picture after putting away my camera), which I interpret to mean that this scrub will make sure to get all the precious gems and hearts from out of your pores so that you can be a sparkly naked dancer who likes to shower on tip toe while standing on one foot.  So there you have it!
Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review Pure Smile Jewelry Scrub Glitter Sugar Amethyst


The second product is the Hello Everybody SPA Vita Berry Shampoo (full size, the full set is ~$29 on Wishtrend).  Unlike the scrub, this smells very sweet - kind of like the smell of artificial strawberry jam - probably because it's made with 10 berry "complexes".  It's not bad, but it does seem a little bit like something a 12 year old would want to smell like.  I don't mind it though, and I will keep using it since it seems like a perfectly good shampoo that's just as good as what I was using before.  I do wish they had included the conditioner, because I generally like to use shampoo and conditioner that go together, but right now I use this with Amika's nourishing hair mask, and my hair seems relatively soft. (Also I had used this a few times before taking the picture, so there was more to start with, in case anyone is wondering).
Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review Hello Everybody SPA Vita Berry Shampoo

The third product is the Hope Girl Tinted Lip Balm in Strawberry (full size, $12).  Again, with the fruity scents!  This may as well have been the "not tropical fruits" box.  But oh well.  I do love tinted lip balms, although this one's not my favorite.  It's not as moisturizing as I'd like, and I would have preferred one of the other colors (Love Peach or Hot Cherry, both of which looked like deeper pink/red/orange).

Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review Hope Girl Tinted Lip Balm Strawberry

Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review Hope Girl Tinted Lip Balm Strawberry Swatch

Finally, the last product(s): Pure Smile Choosy Lip Pack Shining (in White Pearl and Pink Pearl).  Finally, something truly "sweets"-related!  Sort of.  At least, they have a picture of candy on them... I'm not sure what White Pearl and Pink Pearl have to do with anything though.  I've gotten these before, in my first ever Scentbox actually (Grapefruit).  They're odd-looking lip masks (see the packing below to get an idea) that are enriched with collagen, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid and honey to deliver intense moisture and nutrition to your lips.  You're supposed to apply it after toner (do you put toner on your lips??) and leave it on for 5-30 minutes (depending on how long you can go without talking, I guess?) then pat any remaining essence on your lips.  I was saving the first two for a special occasion (i.e. severely dry lips or, you know, a hot date...) so I haven't actually used them yet, but now that I have four I suppose I can be a little less choosy (pun intended...sorry, it just came to me!) about when I use them.  As long as they work decently, I'm happy to have multiples.
Memebox Scentbox #6 Sweet Shop Unboxing Review Pure Smile Choosy Lip Pack Shining White Pink Pearl


Anyway, that's the Sweet Shop box for you.  As I said earlier, I was expecting a different kind of sweet, and I still wish it had been more "bake shop" themed, but I'll use most of it. I may avoid future scentboxes though unless it's a specific scent I really love.

If you're interested in trying out Memebox (they have some fun boxes right now, like the Wine and Cheese box, which has the famed Bounce Cheese Cream in full size - this is not a recommendation! I bought it but have no idea if it will be a good box or not), you can use the code O4UP for $5 off your purchase.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for a review of the Jewelry body scrub and came accross your page. Can I just say that I'm crying of laughing too hard at your description?? "which I interpret to mean that this scrub will make sure to get all the precious gems and hearts from out of your pores so that you can be a sparkly naked dancer who likes to shower on tip toe while standing on one foot." HAHAHA totally made my day. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...